HOST: Katrina Walper (403) 616-5031
Meet at the Mueseum of the Highwood (406 1 St SW, High River, AB T1V 1M5)
For those of you that have watched the Heartland show they film in High River, which is a pretty short drive from Calgary (roughly 35 mins from my house) so I thought why not check it out!
Here is the plan:
1. Meet at High River's Visitor Information Centre and also the Museum of the Highwood.
- employees always seem to have the scoop on filming.
- Heartland parks the crew trailers right behind the museum, so you’ll be able to tell at a glance if they’re filming that day. If they are, be sure to hang around for a spell, so you can spot the actors going to and from set. What’s more, this museum, housed inside a historic Canadian Pacific Railway station, has its own Heartland exhibit. As a nod to the other movies and TV shows filmed in the area, they also have props from The Revenant, Unforgiven, and Fargo.
2. Saunter down 3rd Avenue and see the set for Maggies Dinner (can't actually go in)
3. Visit / Shop unique local shops / Hudson’s Antique Mall
4. Maybe get some food at Evelyn’s Memory Lane Restaurant which is a diner similar to Maggie's. Ice Cream is made from scratch here as well as bread and mile-high pies.
5. Finish with a walk in George Lane Park
If you fancy a longer day in High River then here is a pamphlet and on other "famous" sites: